Dr. Med. Zbiggy J. Brodzinsky, M.D., Ph.D.
Consultant Orthopedic Spine Surgeon (US & EU)
|Languages Spoken: English, Polish, Russian, Danish, French.
|Education: Silesian University School of Medicine, Poland/EU.The George Washington and Georgetown Universities, Washington, D.C., USA.
|Poznan University of Medical Sciences-Ph.D.
|DHCA & DHA Licenses: Consultant level.
|Types of Physician: fulltime.
12 years spine surgery practice in Dubai.
- Royal Danish National Board of Health/EU;
- USA Fellowship & D. Program;
- EU Fellowship in France, Denmark & The Netherlands;
- German Spinal Fellowship with Professor Juergen Harms at University of Heidelberg;
- European Spine Diploma;
- Korean Diploma for MISS (KOMISS);
- Arab Spine Course Diploma;
- Polish National Board of Health-EU
- North American Spine Society & SMISS/USA;
- EFFORT, SICOT, KOSS, GICD, IGASS, DOS & AOSpine/ME;
- Emirates Medical Association & ENS, Dubai Orthopaedic Club/UAE;
- PanArab Spine & Arab Spine/GCC;
- KOMISS-South Korea;
- AOSpine faculty for Master Courses;
- Editorial Board Member of Emirates Medical Journal/EMA;
- Scientific Committee Chairperson of Emirates Osteoporosis Society/EMA;
- Founder of Emirates Spine Group;
- Double awarded in 2019: DHCA Healthcare Innovation Award & World Medical Council/Excellence Award (UAE Chapter), both for minimally invasive spine surgery;
- Faculty for many congresses, courses in GCC, USA & EU.
- Adult Spine Elective & Trauma (FDA/USA & CE/EU approved procedures);
- Minimally/MISS & Less Invasive/LISS Spinal Surgery (“key hole surgery”);
- Conventional Spinal Surgery;
- Interventional Pain Management & Neuromodulation;
- Biological Treatment (stem cell therapy/MSC, PRP, cytokines)-AABRM MENA Chapter
CLINICAL EXPERTISE & SERVICES OFFERED
(DEGENERATIVE, DEFORMITY, ONCOLOGY & TRAUMA)
- Minimally invasive spine surgery/MISS “key hole surgery” for herniated discs, degenerative disc
disease (PDCT-plasma light; PLDD-laser; DiscoGel; Ozone therapy; intradiskal mechanical decompression and disk augmentation); endoscopic assisted microdiskectomy: transforaminal & interlaminar;
- Pain management procedures: L-ESI: epidural/caudal block, SNRB-selective nerve root block also DRG PRF-standard and pulsed radiofrequency, SI joint block, facet block; neuromodulation; flexible lumbar endoscopy AccuroScopy;
- Reconstructive disc surgery: dynamic stabilization, semi-rigid fixation and disc replacement; through the newest “state of art” MISS procedures available mainly in the USA and EU. MISS fusion: AxiaLIF/ALIF, MISS/mini TLIF, TLIF/PLIF; DLIF/OLIF;
- Surgery for spinal stenosis: decompression (direct and indirect), interspinous implants, (LISS less invasive approach) also percutaneous/endoscopic assisted MISS;
- Fusion surgery (posterior, anterior/oblique, inferior-paracoccygeal approach, far lateral and 360 degrees) for degenerative cervical, thoracic and lumbar disc disease and spondylolisthesis/spondylolysis also MISS;
- Spondylolysis repair;
- Treatment of failed back surgery syndrome/FBSS;
- Deformity treatment: adult scoliosis correction, kyphosis (post-Scheuermann) correction with neuromonitoring/IONM during surgery & neuronavigation;
- Treatment of osteoporotic VCF fractures (balloon kyphoplasty, vertebroplasty, SpineJack, OsseoFix);
- Myelopathy and cervical spinal stenosis surgery;
- Spinal infection treatment;
- Treatment of post traumatic deformity;
- Staged treatment of vertebral fractures;
- Spinal tumors;
- Biological treatment: stem cell therapy/MSC, cytokines-Goldic/Germany; PRP/PPP, Lipogems (pre-MSC).
- Scientific publications and books’ chapters on request.